Monday, March 22, 2010

Been away...time to revisit

Okay, so it's been a very long time since my last post. Sound much like a confession to my local priest. Anyway--I've been very, very busy plucking away at some new plays. Have a new one called Mexican Night--seems like I've been rewriting and rewriting and rewriting. But that is the process, and that's what we writers like, right? Process. Wouldn't it be nice to complete your first draft, hold it up (the lights from heaven shine down with angelic voices singing) and it's perfect. There dare not be one rewrite.

Back to reality. This new play feels good--it's a break from my usual absurd stuff. Had a reading of it a month ago at the Theater Project in Cranford. Overall, the response was very positive. At least I feel I'm going in the right direction. Of course, seeing that I sometimes lack a sense of direction, it may be the wrong direction.

I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment